Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Anaerobic Respiration


Anaerobic Respiration

Aim: 
To demonstrate the effects of anaerobic respiration

Hypothesis:
I think the more we do it the more our fingers are going to get sore.

Equipment:
A spring-loaded clothes peg

Method:
  1. Hold the clothes peg so that the bit that clips on is open
  2. Relax your fingers so that the peg closes all the way
  3. Squeeze your thumb and forefinger so the peg is fully open
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as quickly as possible until you experience muscle fatigue
Results:
It took around 60 seconds before my fingers got a little sore and then so on.
I noticed that the more and more I did the experiment the more my fingers got tight and tired.

Conclusion/Discussion:
My fingers started to go tight after a while and also went tired. This is because the muscle in my fingers weren't used to going that fast and the faster they went the more sore it made them. I used up all the energy in my fingers and there wasn't enough oxygen in my fingers to make more which also made them more tired and sore.

Evaluation:
I think it all went well because nothing bad happened only that my fingers got sore but that's what I expected to happen.

Photos:












2 comments:

  1. Hi Alayna,
    Great work with your blog. What I would love to see next time, is your explanation on why you think it is happening - in the Discussion. For example- I think my fingers were getting sore because I had used up my energy. And there wasn't enough oxygen in my fingers to make lots more energy, so it could only do anaerobic respiration.

    Grade- 7/10

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.