Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2022

3.1/3.2 Annotated Proof Sheets Updated

3.1/3.2 Annotated Proof Sheets Updated

   Contact Sheets with annotated notes on them:


Contact Sheet 1
Contact Sheet 2



        Other notes:

My inspiration for these images comes from Sally Mann's Untitled, At Twelve Series (Jenny and the bedspread) 1984 photograph. This photo really inspired me in creating a photograph that would compare the difference between the 1940s, 1980s and 2020s. I also thought this idea would work well with my theme of changes throughout the years. 

 Sally Mann's Untitled, At Twelve Series (Jenny and the bedspread) 1984

My favourite images include 4528, 4506, 4489, 4591, and 4568. 

4528: I really like this image because I think the rules of third help to create a good balance and composition within this image. I also like the way the shadow helps to create nice framing around the focal point of Chloe which helps to emphasise her. The image is easy to read.

4506: I really like the zoom on this image. Again the shadow creates a nice frame and contrasts with the focal point of Chloe.

4489: I like the flow of this image. I like that the washing line and Chloe extended arms aline with each other also creating nice leading lines directing your eye to Chloe.

4591: Rules of thirds are used nicely here to create a nice balance in the image. Also used to line up the image with my other images to be combined into one image. 

4568: I like the placement and composition of this image. I also think the pose and outfit fit well with the 80s. I like the way the window frames and creates a contrast again with Chloe making her stand out. The contrast fits well with making the colours pop. 

My least favourite images include 4514, 4480, 4576, and 4547.

4514: Overall I just don't think this image looks nice. The placement of the shadow doesn't create a nice contrast and the composition of this image doesn't work well. 

4480: There is too much red brick taking over this image taking away from the story of the image. The camera needs to be shifted to the right slightly. 

4576: As we cant see Chloe's face and she has quite dark hair it blends in to much with the dark trees taking away from the focal point.   

4547: The shadow blocks the colourful tie-dye and the rollerskates talking away from the theme of relating to the 80s.

Images 4591, 4568 and 4534 will be cropped and edited together. That's why using rules of thirds was really important for these images. Also using a tripod was important as it allowed my camera to stay in the same spot. 

Framing: I have used sheets, windows and shadows to create different framing within my images. Framing always for more depth in my images and can also help with emphasizing the focal point. The framing of the sheet worked well in creating a nice background against Chloe which helps to draw our eyes toward her. The framing of the window and the darkness of the window create a nice contrast and creates a nice pop of colour in the image. This helps to reference the 80s. 

When creating my images I used a tripod so my images were more stable and also so the placement of the images was all the same. This allows me to line them up together correctly. Due to working in daylight, I had a lower iso of between 100 and 200. I also used a higher shutter speed of around 1600. This allowed for more stability and less blur in my images. Also, a lower iso is less sensitive to light which is important when working in daylight as lots of natural light is used. As I didn't want my images to be blurry I had a higher shutter speed as this creates a shorter exposure making my images sharper and less blurry. 

Next time: 

Next time for the bottom 16 images on contact sheet one I need to have a lower f stop. This will allow me to have a more shallow depth of field which will create a more blurred background. This will allow for my main focal point to pop more. My images need to be less overexposed and have more contrast in some of them. As Sally Manns image has quite a dark background and a lighter focal point it creates a really nice contrast and allows her images to pop. This needs to be taken into consideration next time when I am creating more images. When editing my images I will also take this into consideration. I will also be creating some of my images in black and white. Next time I will also want to try the camera technique of turning the settings on my camera to black and white instead of editing them black and white to see the different effects this could create. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.