Pages

Wednesday 29 June 2022

Series and Sequence Folio Layout Activity

 Series and Sequence Folio Layout Activity

I was given two different folio boards. Documentary and cultural. I was to rearrange these photos for each board into different series and sequences that I thought would work well together. 

For the cultural one, I did two different ones. I picked out images that I thought went well together and placed them into groups. I then decided on what I thought would work well for the start of the board and then the bottom. I ended the board with the girl dancing as I liked that the board ended with motion. The only images of movement are of her dancing which I thought would be nice to end on. 

For the documentary one, I decided to start the board off with Maori carvings and then the Marae. As I looked at the images I noticed that the documentary was based on a funeral. I decided the place the images the way a funeral would normally lay out. You arrive, tell stories and memories and then you say goodbye. This is why I ended the board with the burial and family/friends hugging and saying their goodbyes. 

These are the results of the activity. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.