Pages

Monday 13 June 2022

Daguerreotype Photos

Daguerreotype Photos 

Daguerreotype photos were the first original form of photo available to the public and were popularly used around the 1840s and the 1850s.

Daguerreotype images are very scratchy and are darker (usually black and white or with brown tones). 

To create my daguerreotype images, I opened my original image in photopea and edit my images to be black and white. I also edited my images to have less of a contrast to them using levels and a gradient map. I also then placed different overlays and effects on my images. I used two different dust and scratch overlays and also a dusty/old paper overlay. This helped to create the effect of a Daguerreotype.

I decided to use these images as I thought they would be fitting for this effect. My theme is changes throughout the years focusing on the 1940s, 1980s, and 2020s. I used these images as they are a part of my "olden day" area and thought they would fit this effect more. I also thought this effect would help show that they are meant to be my older images. 

I really liked how these images turned out and I think they would be a good fit for on my board. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.