Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Textiles Term 3

Textiles Term 3

In textiles term 3 we have been doing a lot of different printing techniques. By term 4 we are planning on developing our own printed piece of fabric and turning it into a bag or shirt or anything we want. So far this term we have learned about different colours, how to make and use stencils, block-printing, and screen printing. My favourite so far has been the screen printing because I had never done it before and it is really unique. 

My screen printing stencil

Cutting out my screen printing stencil

Playing around with different types of stencils

These stencils were the hardest because they kept getting the paint outside of the lines

The end result with different stencils (turned out a fail)

Block printing using lino

Block printing pattern
When doing the screen printing you have to make sure you use the squidgy with both hands
I tried doing a multi-coloured print because I was doing a flower and I wanted the leaves to be green but it didn't
work so next time I'm going to print it purple then once it's dried go over it with green to make the leaves green.

The end result using block prints





4 comments:

  1. Hi Alayna, well done on your textiles printing. The designs you used were very unique and well though out. I like how you added reflections about multiple techniques. Looking forward to seeing what your printed fabric will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alayna, the images you made were really unique, I also had a very fun time doing screen printing. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.