Pages

Friday 15 March 2019

Art (Micheal Mew Inspired)

Art (Micheal Mew Inspired)

In art, we have been learning about Micheal Mew and the art we made. We then made our own art inspired by him. We cut out some magazine pictures and then placed them on our paper and moved them around until we were happy with our results. We had to add leading lines into the art piece as well. We also drew a bird that represented our school. Mohua, Riroriro, Tieke, Korimako, and Pipiwharauroa. 

This is my end result:

Finished result
Finished result

Riroriro

My leading lines are the yellow lines at the top and the highlight colour that goes through my darkest colour at the bottom left. My other leading line is the brunch that leads to my focal point which is the bird.
I decided that I wanted to paint the red and blue colour instead of adding a photo in, so I painted with the colours red and blue and made them intertwine instead of blend because I liked that better.
The bird I draw was the Riroriro. This bird means active with energetic singing. I decided on this bird because I thought it was cute and different, I had never seen a bird like that before. This bird is also known as the Grey Warbler.
I am pretty happy with my results and would do it again.



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Alayna, Thanks so much for posting this. You are working really consistently. I can see you deliberately used lines diagonally and that you used both red and yellow with careful deliberateness. You get composition!

    Our next step is to use these art works as a base for our magazine layout. Before we do that though we will be looking at Orphism and lino cutting. it is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.