Pages

Monday 7 May 2018

Reading

7.5.18
What was I reading:
This article was written by Nick Perry.
I was reading about an Island called Vanuatu having to be permanently evacuated.
They have to evacuate because there is a volcano and will most likely destroy the Island like they say in the article. It has also been temporarily evacuated before in September 2017 when the eruption cycle began.
I think the authors' purpose was too aware people of the dangers of volcanoes.
I think this article is suitable for anyone wanting to learn about volcanos and what can happen to the islands.

If you would like to read this article please click this link.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/south-pacific/103619200/vanuatu-plans-to-permanently-evacuate-entire-volcanic-island


Steam rises from the volcanic cone that has formed in Lake Vui near the summit of Ambae Island, Vanuatu.

8.5.18
This article was written by Amy Mitchell
What was I reading:
I was reading about a crocodile attack in Far North Queensland.
A woman named Cindy Waldron was attacked and killed by a crocodile at Thornton Beach while she was there celebrating her end of cancer treatment with her friend Leeann Mitchell.
I think the author's purpose was too aware the danger of crocodiles.
I think this article would suit people interested in the news.

If you would like the read this article click on this link.

                                   Former Hamilton woman Cindy Waldron was attacked by a crocodile in 2016.
                                                               Cindy Waldron

9.5.18
This article was written by: Unknown
What was I reading:
I was reading about the largest Hawaii earthquake that has hit since 1975.
In Hawaii, a big 6.9 earthquake has hit the Big Island near the erupting Mt Kilauea.
It started around 11am on Friday the Island was hit by a flurry of earthquakes.
Luckily no injuries or deaths have been reported so far.
I think the author's purpose was to inform people.
I think this article is suitable for people interested in Hawaii and Earthquakes.

If you would like to read this article click on this link.

10.5.18
This article was written by: Catherine Groenestein
What was I reading:
I was reading about a little boy by the name of Lucas Kiser who has a rare illness condition called Stickler Syndrome which causes many bad effects like heart, sight, hearing problems etc.
Students and old boys from a Taranaki school are wanting to help Lucas and his family and are working together to help his future.
I think the author's purpose is to share how helpful people can be.
I think this article is suitable for anyone to wants to find out about Lucas and his condition.

                                       Lucas Kiser, 4, and his parents Michael and Sonya got a boost when students from Michael's old school offered to help them.
                                                                    Lucas Kiser

If you would like to read this article click on this link.

15.5.18
What was I reading:
I was reading about the Book Of Flags and I was reading about the different countries.
I think the author's purpose was to tell facts and help people learn about the different countries.
I think this book is suitable for people wanting to learn about different counties and their flags.

My favourite flag is Canadian flag because I like the colour combination and the maple leaf.

17.5.18
What was I reading:
Today I was on ReadTheory and one of my quizzes were based on Potlatch.
I learnt that Potlatch was traditionally held by Native Americans.
The main event was the gift giving. The Host gave gifts to each guest based on social ranks.
I think the author's purpose was to tell facts and help people understand what a Potlatch is.
I this is quiz is suitable for anyone that's learnt or wants to learn about Potlatch.







                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.