Pages

Thursday 9 November 2017

Leprosy Writing



A Day In A Life Of A Leper


My name is Will Vallane and in 1907 I was forced to go to quail island because I had Leprosy. I was diagnosed in 1906. The same year as I had to go to Quail Island I was built a small house because I hated being in a giant hospital all by myself it was kinda creepy too. When I wake up I always had to wait for Mr W.Thomas (my caretaker) to bring my breakfast because I was not capable to make my own breakfast. He also comes in to feed my Tui, John.. Every time around 12.00pm I would always listen to records and look at pictures in the book because I could not read all I could see was the bright colors. Mr W.Thomas would cut my wood so that I could set my fire so that I wasn’t cold when I went to bed. He also had to bring my dinner at 7.30pm so that at 8.00pm I could ring my family and friends and see how they were. 5 minutes before I went to bed I sat outside and thought about life in Christchurch. 9.00pm I slowly fall asleep.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Alabama I liked how you introduced yourself #thelepar also good gestalt nice job bye

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.