Pages

Friday 8 April 2022

Art Week 10

 Art Week 10

Monday:

On Monday using my series and sequences one which is placed at the top of my folio plan, I used a basic level edit to edit my images and then placed them back onto my folio plan.

with level edit

without level edit

Tuesday:

On Tuesday, using my first artist model Fiona Pardington I looked at the way she edits her images and applied that effect to my editing. I find that a lot of her work has a very dark contrasted background compared to her focal points. Her focal points are normally very light and have very light colors. 

To create this effect on my image I played around with the different curves and also selective colors on photopea. Selective colors allowed me to edit the main focus of the image to be lighter and not as vibrant which is what Fiona Pardington does in the artwork above.


Dark background, the main focal points are very light and have warm tones

Applying the dark background and warmer, lighter focal point to my edit

Over the Weekend:


During the weekend I took out my camera and decided to recreate Sally Mann's photograph that is on my mood board.


My Recreation

I liked how my recreation turned out, although the background isn't the same, I think it turned out well. I also think my image is a little bit more over-exposed and would look better with darker shadows and more contrast. 

Also taking inspiration from Sally Mann, I also decided to create an image showing the changes throughout the years. For example, my model was dressed to relate to the vintage days (1940s), then she was dressed to look like the 80s using bright, bold colors and finally she was dressed to relate to nowadays (2020) which I think worked together really well. I took 3 different images and edited them together to make them look as if it was 1 image.





1 comment:

  1. these are great. I can see you thinking stuff through. zSally Manns image that you have recreated, I would get that onto a photoeditor and warm it ever so slightly and 'soften' the image with some noise. its a nice way of editing that could be quite interesting. Notice her apeture is also set differently. You must have something like a 22f-stop, shooting with something more like 5.6 or 8 would be better, but as reshooting is tricky, editing the background would be an option on a photo editor.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.