Pages

Friday 13 March 2020

Week 6/7 Art

Week 6/7 Art

The artist model I have used is Sofia Minson. Sofia Minson uses patterned, flat backgrounds in her artwork. I used this as an inspiration to create my background. My background has hexagon shapes representing the turtle shell. The colours for the hexagon are warm tone colours like red, orange and yellow. I used these colours because I want them to represent the sun and I also want to use the hexagon shape throughout my other artwork. The inside of my turtle is the Earth which is melting from the sun due to climate change. 

My focal point: I want my focal point to be the turtle. I'm going to do this by having the turtle shaded by pencil or charcoal, whereas the background is going to be more vibrant to make the turtle stand out.

My Kaupapa is climate change and my subject matter is animal endangerment. I'm going to use a hexagon shape to tell a story as well as using warm colours but I also want to add cool tone colours as well. Using the hexagon to relate back to the turtle and using the warm colours to relate back to the sun/heat. I want to use cool tone colours to relate back to water/cold.

Starting my artwork


Plan of my hexagons
My plan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.