Pages

Friday 5 July 2019

My Food Bag Semester 1

My Food Bag Semester One (Vegetarian Tacos)

Who was your profile target? 
My profile target was for a family of 4 that are vegetarian.

What was your recipe decision based on? 
I wanted to make something that was a bit different and not just something plain but I also wanted it to be something I knew I could make.

Ingredients:
½ onion, chopped finely
½ sweet potato, chopped and peeled
½ eggplant, chopped
½ can chickpeas, drained/rinsed
1 tomato, chopped
12 tablespoons water
¼ cup chopped coriander
50 grams of cheese, grated
¼ cup sour cream
Taco sauce

Taco Shells

Recipe:
Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and cook onions on medium heat until soft.
Add Kumera cubes and taco flavouring and cook for 10 minutes to cook Kumara stirring occasionally.
Add chickpeas, tomato, and water and simmer for 3 minutes or until the mixture thickens.

If needed warm the taco shell etc. Add hot mixture into the shells, top with grated cheese and coriander. Serve with a side of sour cream.

Explain why this recipe was chosen to do?
I think this recipe was chosen because It wasn't just plain and simple but it was also fun to make.

How it fits into the nutritional model of the dinner plate?
I think this fits in because it got lots of healthy veggies and it also has some protein.

What changes did you make during the 2 practise practical sessions?
I added coriander because it adds more flavour and I also added more taco powder for more spice. Chopped the vegetables smaller so that it would be fully cooked and not so big.

What were the positives about your final practical?
Everyone enjoyed it because it had nice flavours and textures and it also was a bit different to some other dishes.

Describe 2 things you have learnt this semester?
I learnt all the different types of food you need and what they do to your body.
I also learnt how to set up a workspace that is safe when working with food.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.